• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have to say this beats the Wi-Fi-ton week for me already;

SONIC and Ashley's theme in the same week?

Amazing, I can't wait to see how they cap this week off.

Darkpen

Banned
crowphoenix said:
If you are willing, I would love one. With my lack of skills the best I could do was my current avatar, and it sucks. :D.
What do you want or have in mind? What Smash characters are your mains?

Darkpen said:
What do you want or have in mind? What Smash characters are your mains?

Link and Marth (I suck at speed types) were my mains in Melee, but I'll probably be mastering Ike and Sonic (o_O) for Brawl. And I've really liked the Samus/ZS Samus type icon that you are useing and was used in the Fox/Zelda love affair icon. :lol

For some sick reason, I'm planning to re-read this whole thread the day before Brawl comes out, in preperation and hype. Even if it reaches about 45,000 posts or whatever.

Anyone with me?

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
_Alkaline_ said:
For some sick reason, I'm planning to read through this whole thread the day before Brawl comes out, in preperation and hype. Even if it reaches about 45,000 posts or whatever.

Anyone with me?
Absolutely not.

By the time the game is about to release, this thread could easily be 700+ pages long.

Assuming about a minute per page...we're talking over 700 minutes, or over 10 hours of browsing through the topic.

I just couldn't do it.

_Alkaline_ said:
For some sick reason, I'm planning to read through this whole thread the day before Brawl comes out, in preperation and hype. Even if it reaches about 45,000 posts or whatever.

Anyone with me?

That might be suicide, you should start taking some notes of what's where, so that if you start to fizzle, you can still hit the highlights. I might give it a go. I haven't even looked at the first 400 pages.

crowphoenix said:
Link and Marth (I suck at speed types) were my mains in Melee, but I'll probably be mastering Ike and Sonic (o_O) for Brawl. And I've really liked the Samus/ZS Samus type icon that you are useing and was used in the Fox/Zelda love affair icon. :lol

My mains were Mario and Mewtwo! The latter probably won't even be in Brawl :[

There goes my cool icon!

Alkaline's going to stumble in to the official thread some time in February with a long beard and a severe case of malnutrition and go "Guys, I just finished the Smash update thread! Is Wavedashing still in?"

And Firestorm will reply "We all finished the game weeks ago. Wavedashing's gone, but now we have Tsunami-sprinting. You have to see it to believe it!"

And then Alkaline will waste another two months reading the official thread to find out what tsunami-sprinting is.

ShockingAlberto said:
Alkaline's going to stumble in to the official thread some time in February with a long beard and a severe case of malnutrition and go "Guys, I just finished the Smash update thread! Is Wavedashing still in?"

And Firestorm will reply "We all finished the game weeks ago. Wavedashing's gone, but now we have Tsunami-sprinting. You have to see it to believe it!"

And then Alkaline will waste another two months reading the official thread to find out what tsunami-sprinting is.

Will we atleast restock his pack before he goes? And i can't wait to try to learn Tsunami-sprinting and fail miserably.

SuperAngelo64 said:
My mains were Mario and Mewtwo! The latter probably won't even be in Brawl :[

There goes my cool icon!

Ouch. I wouldn't totally count Mewtwo out though. I mean, he is one of the most recognizable Pokemans.

ShockingAlberto said:

:lol

Pretty much.

Darkpen

Banned
I sent a message over to the deviant artist regarding our use of his sprites, and he's given his blessing:

sure, you can use them, in fact i post the individual sprites if people want to use them

crowphoenix said:
I... what? You suck at speed types, but you use Marth?

Well, either we can go for a dual-sword thing here, or for a type variation. I'll make one with Link and Sonic.

Darkpen said:
I sent a message over to the deviant artist regarding our use of his sprites, and he's given his blessing:

I... what? You suck at speed types, but you use Marth?

Well, either we can go for a dual-sword thing here, or for a type variation. I'll make one with Link and Sonic.

ei, I prefer speed, normally, in my fighters. I just tend to not be able to use it well in Melee. Doesn't stop me from trying. :D

_Alkaline_ said:
For some sick reason, I'm planning to re-read this whole thread the day before Brawl comes out, in preperation and hype. Even if it reaches about 45,000 posts or whatever.

Anyone with me?

You realize that's like reading a goddamn novel, right?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
ShockingAlberto said:

hahahaha i lol'd!

and to celebrate this wonderous game i have made a new avatar out of those sprites! LEARN IT! remember me! rememeber me! remember me!

Everyone with sprite avatars from that one picture looks the same to me now.

I have to actually read names to know who's replying. Half the time, I don't even realize who it is until someone quotes them.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I wish SuperAngelo64 would change to a sprite avatar.

Sorry dude, I know you made it yourself and all, but I despise your avatar with the fiery passion of a thousand suns.

HolyCheck

ShockingAlberto said:
Everyone with sprite avatars from that one picture looks the same to me now.

I have to actually read names to know who's replying. Half the time, I don't even realize who it is until someone quotes them.
Well in that case some one might like this one!

lolssig.jpg

edit: perhaps super angelo would like it!

edit again: why are the gods stopping this from working

Woohoo, I called it....even though that was a pretty easy one.
Damn, Sonic still looks like a high-tier character.

Oh, I bet they'll show Mario beating up Sonic eventually.

Shig said:
I wish SuperAngelo64 would change to a sprite avatar.

Sorry dude, I know you made it yourself and all, but I despise your avatar with the fiery passion of a thousand suns.

So what if I made a sprite version of the exact same avatar?

monkey79

Hey Darkpen. Could I get an avatar of Lucas and Maskman (another rumored Mother 3 character). That would be sweet.

Just a word of warning to any future Mother 3 players... don't read about maskman if you want to avoid spoilers.

Darkpen

Banned
crowphoenix said:
For crowphoenix:
sonic-link.gif

For Insaniac:
Insaniac.gif

Linkhero1

Darkpen said:
For crowphoenix:
sonic-link.gif

For Insaniac:
Insaniac.gif
can you make me one with Link and Bowser?

Syth_Blade22 said:
Well in that case some one might like this one!

lolssig.jpg

edit: perhaps super angelo would like it!

edit again: why are the gods stopping this from working

Looks like he's going to finally come out in this game.

3232.jpg

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
crowphoenix said:
I'll be sticking with the same characters as I used in melee, which were link, bowser and occasionally Ganondorf, but I'm definately going to take the time to get used to snake and I'll give sonic a go, but I'm not sure if I'll be any good with him because I'm pretty bad using the quick characters.

HolyCheck

Darkpen said:
For crowphoenix:
sonic-link.gif

For Insaniac:
Insaniac.gif

shit man (Y)

those are really nice

i should pay more attention in class and learn how to make things :(

i forget how to bloody draw rectangles after a week of not trying :(

ant1532

Banned
Let's take it back real quick and talk about are Smash Melee ways. Who do you main as and list your secondary characters if you have any. And do you play at tourney level?(Can you compete with kids at Smashboards, etc)

1.Samus (Main)
2.Ness
3.Link
4.Mario

Linkhero1

ant1532 said:
Let's take it back real quick and talk about are Smash Melee ways. Who do you main as and list your secondary characters if you have any. And do you play at tourney level?(Can you compete with kids at Smashboards, etc)

1.Samus (Main)
2.Ness
3.Link
4.Mario

1. Falco (main)
2. Marth
3. Link
4. Samus
5. Jigglypuff
6. Luigi

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Helzown said:
I know, I was just having a flashback to Crushed;

"Here you go!"

"Yay, we love you... but could you do the one that has Lucas in it?"

"Oh for the love of..."

Obviously this is a job for Crushed.

I have been sleeping for about 15 hours, so if anyone tells me they need a wallpaper, I am just in no mood for their whining.

Zeed said:
You make a cogent argument.

Someone get that bitch in here.

I'm in no mood!

Nemesis_

CassSept said:
Old.
Sadly,for Nintendo TBD... well, lets just say that was EU release date for WarioWare Twisted
:(
Yeah but that never got released. At least we know for a fact it'll get released in NA, let alone Japan. I mean seriously, 'sif not release Brawl? =/

Darkpen, are you able to make me avatar with Sheik or is it purely Brawl characters?

JayDubya

Banned
ant1532 said:

1.Samus (Main)
2.Ness
3.Link
4.Mario

SSBM?

Link (Or Young Link)
Mario (Or Doctor Mario)
Pikachu (But please, not Pichu, :lol)
Peach (So awesome)
Fox (Or Falco)
Captain Falcon (Or Ganon)
Marth (Or Roy)

And in that order.

Link is my favorite because he's pretty heavy, has a lot of good strategic moves, (particularly with projectiles), is effective with a defensive style versus the speedsters, and hits pretty damn hard with the Master Sword, particularly with a double forward smash. The hookshot helps quite a bit. Thanks to my roommates and college buddies I've had a heaping shitton of practice with Link versus top tier speedsters, but if someone really knows what they're doing, a defensive Link won't hold up forever against a highly offensive and effective Fox or Falco. UP+B is a fucking fantastic move in terms of power and range, but you have to keep it in reserve and use it sparingly. It's best when someone's just started to rolled at you or through you to dodge the projectile barrage you should be making.

You really have to be accurate and highly opportunistic with your various projectiles to be an effective Link. He's got the tools necessary to screw up most opposing game plans if you play smart, leaving the enemy playing to your tune.

Am I good enough to beat crazy wavedashers? I doubt it, but I've never played at that level either. I won the majority of local informal tournaments in College Station, and made it to the final 8 at a more formal one, with an entry fee, in Austin. Single elimination, and the guy that beat me was also a Link. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom